Into Learning and Work for ESOL Speakers
A programme to support ESOL speakers into learning and work in the local area.
As part of the ESOL programme you will:
- Do an induction
- You will assess your own skills and set your targets for learning and work
- You’ll understand Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values and keeping yourself and each other safe
- Have guidance and advice from a Careers Advisor
- Learn to talk about you, your skills and your experiences with confidence
- Write a CV and do an application form for a real job
- You will have a CV adapted to the kind of work you are looking for
- Learn English through English, Maths and/or IT classes
- Learn job search skills through the IT for Work class where you will learn to use Universal Jobsmatch and to look for jobs online
- Do a mock interview for a real job—prepare with your tutor and get feedback from your interviewers
- Use the Work Club
- Access current vacancies
- Send quality job applications with the support of a Careers Advisor
Our taught courses are delivered through Middlesbrough College so learners have the added advantage of being College students while studying at Hope.
Enrolments open for August 2020
Ready to start English, Maths or IT courses in August?... The Hope Foundation will be running induction and enrolment sessions every week. We've taken steps to make sure everyone is safe when they come to The Hope Foundation and we're opening on an appointment-only basis, so please book in and come on time. If you're interested in learning at Hope but don't want to come to the centre then call 01642 232220 and you can sign up remotely.Find out more.