Into Learning and Work for ESOL Speakers
A programme to support ESOL speakers into learning and work in the local area.
As part of the ESOL programme you will:
- Do an induction
- You will assess your own skills and set your targets for learning and work
- You’ll understand Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values and keeping yourself and each other safe
- Have guidance and advice from a Careers Advisor
- Learn to talk about you, your skills and your experiences with confidence
- Write a CV and do an application form for a real job
- You will have a CV adapted to the kind of work you are looking for
- Learn English through English, Maths and/or IT classes
- Learn job search skills through the IT for Work class where you will learn to use Universal Jobsmatch and to look for jobs online
- Do a mock interview for a real job—prepare with your tutor and get feedback from your interviewers
- Use the Work Club
- Access current vacancies
- Send quality job applications with the support of a Careers Advisor
Our taught courses are delivered through Middlesbrough College so learners have the added advantage of being College students while studying at Hope.
Quiz night this Friday!
It's almost here - the BNI FUNdraiser. An online quiz night to raise money to support our work at The Hope Foundation. Friday 29th January at 7.30pm. £100 cash prize and much more up for grabs... Have you signed up yet?Find out more.