Into Learning and Work for ESOL Speakers
A programme to support ESOL speakers into learning and work in the local area.
As part of the ESOL programme you will:
- Do an induction
- You will assess your own skills and set your targets for learning and work
- You’ll understand Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values and keeping yourself and each other safe
- Have guidance and advice from a Careers Advisor
- Learn to talk about you, your skills and your experiences with confidence
- Write a CV and do an application form for a real job
- You will have a CV adapted to the kind of work you are looking for
- Learn English through English, Maths and/or IT classes
- Learn job search skills through the IT for Work class where you will learn to use Universal Jobsmatch and to look for jobs online
- Do a mock interview for a real job—prepare with your tutor and get feedback from your interviewers
- Use the Work Club
- Access current vacancies
- Send quality job applications with the support of a Careers Advisor
Our taught courses are delivered through Middlesbrough College so learners have the added advantage of being College students while studying at Hope.
Hope Foundation closing to the public from Friday 20th March 2020
In order to protect the wellbeing of all of the people in our Hope Foundation community we have taken the very difficult decision to close our centre doors to the public on Friday the 20th March 2020 at 3pm until at least Monday the 20th April 2020.
Please click 'Find out more' below for information on courses, services and contact details we are maintaining while we are closed.
Please keep people around you safe. Stay at home and keep a safe distance. People around you may be isolated in the coming weeks, if you can safely help them out then please do so.