Interview and Job Search Techniques
This course will make you more effective in your job search, applications and interview.
Learn how to identify what skills you have, what skills you need and how to sell all of this to a potential employer with OCR Life and Work Skills accredited qualifications.
- Personal skills and abilities: how to recognise these, assess them, develop them and promote them to employers
- Communication skills: working in groups effectively, being effective on the telephone
- Interview skills: how to prepare for an interview, do a simulated interview and receive feedback to improve your performance.
- CV writing: how to create and update an effective CV which sells your skills to potential employers.
- Interview Skills: plan good answers to questions you’ll be ask, for the real thing.
All of this will increase your confidence in the skills you have and teach you how to sell these to employers.
We also run a Work Club to support you in your search for work.
Our Interview and Job Search Techniques course is supported by Barclays Bank. The staff from Barclays review CVs and interview for jobs. This has won us the 15/16 Recognition Award for Excellent Partnership Working and helped several learners be successful in real interviews and find work, including Mark below.
To find out more about the centre and these courses please come to our Introduction to Learning Opportunities session.
Enrolments open for August 2020
Ready to start English, Maths or IT courses in August?... The Hope Foundation will be running induction and enrolment sessions every week. We've taken steps to make sure everyone is safe when they come to The Hope Foundation and we're opening on an appointment-only basis, so please book in and come on time. If you're interested in learning at Hope but don't want to come to the centre then call 01642 232220 and you can sign up remotely.Find out more.