Interview and Job Search Techniques
This course will make you more effective in your job search, applications and interview.
Learn how to identify what skills you have, what skills you need and how to sell all of this to a potential employer with OCR Life and Work Skills accredited qualifications.
- Personal skills and abilities: how to recognise these, assess them, develop them and promote them to employers
- Communication skills: working in groups effectively, being effective on the telephone
- Interview skills: how to prepare for an interview, do a simulated interview and receive feedback to improve your performance.
- CV writing: how to create and update an effective CV which sells your skills to potential employers.
- Interview Skills: plan good answers to questions you’ll be ask, for the real thing.
All of this will increase your confidence in the skills you have and teach you how to sell these to employers.
We also run a Work Club to support you in your search for work.
Our Interview and Job Search Techniques course is supported by Barclays Bank. The staff from Barclays review CVs and interview for jobs. This has won us the 15/16 Recognition Award for Excellent Partnership Working and helped several learners be successful in real interviews and find work, including Mark below.
To find out more about the centre and these courses please come to our Introduction to Learning Opportunities session.
Social media giving day
On Social media giving day there are many ways to support Hope: by donating money, time, devices, books, CDs, DVDs or raising money while you shop online. You can also like us on our social media pages and share our posts and fundraising campaigns. Social media giving day asks you to be generous and share a little with your favourite charity or cause via social media. We're always very grateful for your support.Find out more.